Puppy Purchase Agreement
The buyer hereby agrees to purchase the puppy from Lake Cumberland Doodle Farm for the agreed price, plus shipping if needed.
1. All puppies require a $250.00 deposit. Method of payment can be U.S. Postal Money Orders, Cashier’s Check, Pay Pal, Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, and Cash.
2. Choice of puppy is determined on a first come (deposit received) first to choose basis.
3. All puppies will be sold without breeding rights. If you desire to arrange breeding rights, this additional privilege must be discussed and mutually agreed upon by buyer and seller at time of purchase. Breeding rights will be attached via addendum to the bottom of the seller's contract if so agreed upon. Any persons found to have used their puppy to breed can be fined $10,000 per litter.
4. Full deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE. If something happens to your pup or if one is not available from this litter you will be given choice of a pup from the next available litter. If you change your mind and do not/cannot get puppy you forfeit your deposit.
This puppy is guaranteed as follows:
1. To be in good physical condition for the first 48 hours after the time of shipping. The buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a veterinarian within 48 hours after the delivery time for a complete physical examination. Failure of buyer to take said puppy for a physical examination to the vet within 48 hours of shipping voids puppy warranty in full. If a veterinarian finds the puppy to have a contagious disease or to have a serious physical condition other than a bacterial infection such as Coccidia or Giardia which are easily treated, the seller will replace the puppy with another puppy of comparable or better quality. The seller reserves the right to a second veterinarian opinion at the expense of the seller. No monies will be refunded.
2. To be free from any genetic / hereditary defects that cause death or serious impairment of the vital functions in the puppy until said puppy is one year of age. If such an inheritable defect is documented by a veterinarian and presented to the seller with sufficient supporting evidence, the buyer will be entitled to a replacement puppy of the same sex, of comparable or better quality, when available from same or upcoming litter, after the first puppy is returned to seller. No cash refunds given, and we will not pay any vet bills or shipping costs.
3. Puppies are considered high risk for Coccidia and Giardia. These health issues are easily treatable. They are often brought on by the stress of shipping, a new home, new food, new people, change of climate or surroundings. Shipped puppies seem more prone to showing symptoms of Coccidia or Giardia. All puppies are treated for Coccidiosis and Giardia before they leave. Treatment however is not a guarantee the puppy will not respond to the above issues. They can arise. But if they do, they are rarely serious (even though seeing blood in the stool would appear serious) and are easily treated. We will not cover the treatment for them.
4. To be of sound temperament, that is, to be neither so shy nor vicious as to render the dog an unfit companion. This guarantee of temperament is effective only until the dog reaches one (1) year of age, if sold as a puppy, and is contingent upon reasonable proof that any defect in temperament is not the result of lack of proper care or training on the part of the buyer. If any issues in temperament arise, buyer agrees he/she is responsible as a first course of action to attend obedience training classes with his/her puppy at a qualified training facility to resolve problem through proper training. Failure to do so voids the warranty.
5. It is understood that at the time of this sale the puppy is not considered to be of show quality or breeding quality.
THE BUYER AGREES:
1. If the dog is later sold, or otherwise transferred from the possession of the buyer, for whatever reason, the seller will have the absolute right of first refusal to repurchase the dog for a sum not to exceed the original purchase price.
2. Maintain up to date vaccines and regular routine worming. The buyer and seller agree that this is the full and complete agreement that exists between the parties for the sale of this dog. Any agreements made prior to this are considered incorporated herein and any modifications made to this agreement shall be made in writing or such shall not be effective.