We are as excited as you to see one of our beloved babies go to a new home and fill your life with as much joy as they do ours. After you reserve a puppy, here are the next steps to make the go-home process a success.
1. Arrange pick-up or delivery:
- On-site pickup: Contact Whitney (270-585-6353) or Mathew (270-585-6383) to schedule a convenient time for pickup. Typically pickups occur on weekends around noon, but let us know what works for you! If you do decide to make the drive, then be sure to bring a towel or mat for the ride home. We encourage you not to let your puppy out of your vehicle to potty until it makes it to your home to reduce the likelihood of contracting any life-threatening diseases. We typically skip a feeding and allow the puppies to "clear-out" before making the journey.
- Ground delivery service: If the drive is inconvenient, we also offer ground delivery services, where your puppy can be shipped to a specific meeting destination or to your home with one of our trusted nannies. Contact Sherry (270-378-1163) for pricing and arrangement.
- Flight delivery service: If requiring flight, we work with a fantastic flight nanny who will deliver your puppy to your nearest airport. The puppy will not be stowed with other pets, instead it will be held in the flight nanny's lap and comforted the entire way. Contact Lance (972-505-9819) for pricing and arrangement.
2. Puppy Insurance:
- We absolutely want the go-home and transition process to be a magical time meant for bonding and learning one-another. With the newest addition in the house, accidents can happen, and because of this, we have partnered with Trupanion! Trupanion is allowing us to send home our puppies with 30 days of free insurance covering 90% of any unforeseen medical expense that one may encounter. You will be given a special code from us here at LCDF that allows you to activate your coverage instantly!